Scallop Season 2012 – July 1st through September 10
Scallop season 2012 is going to be super, with more scallops and more fun. With scallops being so plentiful the last few years we are expecting scallops galore and looking forward to be the best scallop season in recent history. The water along the Nature Coast remains crystal clear and serves to provide an unforgettable scalloping adventure. Citrus county bay scallops are found in the beautiful sea grass beds under 4 to 6 feet of water. Captain Leo knows the “sweet spot locations” and will provide instruction and hints for harvesting your bounty of scallops. Scalloping is a favorite activity for friends and family of all ages and requires little more than a boat, snorkling gear and a desire for a fun day of viewing the underwater world of fish, corals, sponges, starfish and of course scallops! We also offer a Blue Water Swim Tour to end your day of scalloping to the beautiful Homosassa Springs. Rinse off the salt water while enjoying the underwater world of our famous manatee population. Hurry and book your charter now and ejoy the fun!
Let’s Go Scalloping! All Aboard!
Charter Includes Your Fishing License, Mask, Fins, and Snorkel.
Fast, 22 foot deck boat with lounge seating and a covered canopy for shade
- $55 per person – up to 6 people per boat. Larger groups can be accomodated.
- Iced Coolers to keep your catch fresh.
- 8 AM Departure from Homosassa Riverside Resort – timeing can be flexable.
- Explore the Crystal Clear Gulf in 4 to 6 feet of water
- Scenic guided tour of the beautiful Homosassa River included.
- 1 Hour Blue Water Swim Tour available after scalloping - only $100 per boat
- Cleaning of Scallops is available dockside.
- Your Scallops cooked to perfection is available on-site at the Riverside Resort Restaurant
- Lodging Available dockside at Homosassa River Side Resort or MacRae’s
Don’t Forget Your…..
- Drinks and snacks
- Sun protection, (hat, lotion and sunglasses). The boat has a canopy and provides some protection